EFORIE SUD TOURIST GUIDE 0040720108667
Eforie Sud, the southern part of the town, was founded by the aristocrat Ion Movilă in 1899, when he erected a hotel named Băile Movilă (Movilă Spa). In 1928, the spa was renamed Carmen-Sylva, after the pen name of Queen Elisabeth of Romania. In 1950, after the establishment of the Communist regime, the name of the city was changed again to Vasile Roaită to honor a railway worker shot dead during the Griviţa Strike of 1933. In 1962, the city was renamed yet again to Eforie Sud.
In 1966, the city of Eforie was created by merging Eforie Sud with the northern resort Eforie Nord. Formally, the city is composed of Eforie Sud, the administrative centre, and Eforie Nord, a dependent village. Many other hotels were built here over the years, most of them during the communist regime.